Due to the ongoing pandemic, this event is in the process of being rescheduled. We do not want to put anyone at risk.
This session is for adults of all ages who want to travel but don’t have a travel partner or buddy. That can mean a spouse that may not enjoy traveling or is unable.
Lifetime travel lover Joanie Muschamp will share her story on her transition to becoming a solo traveler. Travel is important to her. This means she is frequently asked how she can just decide to go somewhere.
Joanie hopes to inspire those who haven’t yet ventured out or are hesitant to travel without a companion.
Whether you want to travel domestically or internationally, this presentation is for you!
The presentation will give you ideas on how you can start your solo travels. Joanie will share some of her early solo traveler experiences, including how she made her first trip alone.
You’ll also get helpful information, including
- Resources for travel
- How to analyze your own needs in travel
- Key information you need to travel internationally
- Setting your budget and knowing what you can afford
- Luggage considerations
- Your travel wardrobe
- Pros and cons of using a non-travel agency tour company
- Getting the most from your travel agent
- Travel Journals
- Photo resources
- Deciding on your travel style
- Safety tips
- Travel insurance, international driving, guidebooks, and online information
Join this session at the Braden River Library in the Community Room!
There will be time for Q & A at the end of the session.